Regional Symposium on Sustainable Urban Wetlands in Cambodia
More than twenty Ramsar National Focal Points (NFPs) and representatives of Ramsar NFPs from 13 countries in South, East, and Southeast Asia participated in the “Regional Symposium on Sustainable Urban Wetlands” held on 29-31 August 2017 in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The symposium aimed to:
1. promote and orient participants on the theme of Ramsar COP13 (Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future),
2. disseminate successful case studies and good practices on sustainable management of urban wetlands in Asia,
3. initiate discussions among countries on priority wetland issues related to sustainable urban development,
4. synergize perspectives from the participants and generate a common vision “voice of Asia”, which will be packaged into an information paper for Ramsar COP13 to showcase efforts from Asia as models for other regions, and
5. create new and strengthen existing partnerships among wetland conservation advocates.